Bon Homme Yankton Electric was incorporated in 1945 and converted to a cooperative organization in 1947. The first cooperative member received power on November 8, 1948.
Today, Bon Homme Yankton Electric serves the town of Tabor as well as rural members in Bon Homme and Yankton Counties in southeast South Dakota.
|Total Investment in Lines and Equipment||$28,900,000|
|Member Equity/Patronage Capital||$7,800,000|
|Date of Last Capital Credit Refund||06/2015|
|Amount of Last Refund for 1991 & 1992||$400,000|
|Miles of Line||1,306|
|Consumers per Mile of Line||2.83|
|Number of Employees||20|